Friday, July 22, 2011

My Budget

I’ve had many budgets over the years but for this bloggy blog I’m just going to focus on the ones I’ll have in 2011 and going forward.  I’m totally excited that I’ll have more than one and that I have to redo my budget because I am paying off debts!! Oh, nothing makes me happier than paying off my debts.  Well, the husband makes me pretty happy too.  And have I mentioned how much I love my precious niece?  She IS the cutest child in the world.  And it’s not just because I am biased.  Everyone in the family thinks so.  J




Am I wrong?

No, I didn’t think so.

Okay, back to the budget at hand. I have been at my current position since late January of this year.  I’m sure I will share with you, my one reader, what my work and salary history has been over the years, but for the time being I am going to start with what I am making NOW and how I budget with this income.

PS: This is all in monthly dollars………. errr, percentages.


taxes
21%
rent
16%
car loan
8%
personal loan
7%
school loan
3%
cell
2.5%
electric
2%
car ins
2.5%
holiday gifts
2%
car fund
2%
mom
1%
cat food
1%
gas
3.5%
fun
7%
save
11%
Zumba!
1%
extra payment personal loan
5%
health insurance
2%
personal care
2.5%

100%



I like to break up my out-of-the-ordinary expenses (the big bag of cat food I have to buy every few months, my zumba classes, saving for holiday gifts) so that they don’t surprise me and then I would be caught without the money for them.  Then I would either have to use my savings OR put the item on my credit card.  This is something I do NOT like to do. I would MUCH rather take a little bit out each month and make sure I have enough to cover these instances.

This is the approach I have taken in recent years with my financial responsibilities and it has really been treating me well.

How about you? Do you budget for EVERYTHING or do you fly by the seat of your pants, no budget at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment